Monday, April 19, 2010

Friends?

First thing first, I wrote this not because I myself is in this dilemma, but one of my friend is. So, this is a written for him.

"What's with you? Always no. What's the point of coming?"  Well, I am not sure if I portrait the quarrel well, but you get the idea. They knew each other for only one year, and find out that they don't really get along. But, its just one year, "you don't like me, I don't like you, fine! Goodbye." They plan to not meet each other ever again, (I think) but fate is a funny thing, the more you don't want it to happen, the more it is bound to happen. So, the "funny" Fate brought the two person to meet again, and the stories began.

They are now basically living under one roof, so they meet each other more often. So, if you still remember your Chemistry, when frequency increases, the number of collision will certainly increases, therefore the numbers of product, which in this case, is disagreements, will increase.  So, I heard quite a number of disagreements between them in just this few months of their "reunion" and you know what the ironic part is? It is that they will be living together or have the chance of bumping into each other for a whole 4years unless someone take some drastic decision and change! Change what? Well, I personally think it is hard to change one's personality, so I think the change will be an environmental change perhaps? I don't know, I'm not a psychologist. (Am I using the correct term? I don't know.) I just know the two are always in disagreement that lead to argument.

Who is right and who is wrong? I don't know. I am not there, and I can't just take sides when I did not hear the whole story, but I don't think I want to know the whole story, because I might take that problem personally and then their problems which is around at least 1000kilometers away will become my problem and I don't want that to happen. So, I will keep their problems as their problems and try to help as much as I can without making it my problem.

So, what is the point of me writing this post where I don't think I mentioned it yet and I don't think anyone can guess the real meaning of me writing this. Actually I also question myself on writing this. It is like two hours in between this line and the first line I wrote, thus the meaning of this post seems a bit blurry to me now. Well, I am making up the meaning as I keep on typing useless lines in here, just to keep my fingers occupied. Okay, I think I came up with something already.

Well, continue on the story, they had been like this and I had no idea how on Earth can they solve their disagreements smoothly. So, I just hope that either one of them but best both of them change for the greater good, become the better man.  One of them must be the one to tolerate the other to solve this problems they are having which is I assume, creating problems for others as well. For example, me, who is now taking in this as my problem now which is a bad thing for me as I don't really have time for this anymore. Besides me, I think their mutual friends who are living or are in close contact with them are also having a problem when the two have a differences in opinion. Well, I can only pray and give a tiny little bit of guidance that my brain can offer which I hope can help them solve their problem.

Okay, this post is getting too long, but I just thought of something that I had not yet mention. Which is the meaning of my post title. Yeah!! Friends? Yes. Why is it that humans are so complicated? Strangers can be Acquaintance and then be Friends and continue on being Best Friends which might degrade and dropped down to Friends again. Add a couple more years of not contacting that person and you guys might just be Acquaintance again. If something goes wrong in the process, then you might end up with an Enemy, which is a bad thing. (According to me of course.) So, why is it that the same human being can be such different? Why is it that life now does not look the same as it used to when we are young? Life back then seems so pure and simple. Well, maybe because we are different every smallest division of time you can think of. How? I quote this from a Dharma Talk which is in Chinese, thus forgive me for my weak translation. "We are constantly changing and thus we are always a different person, how many cells might had changed in 1 second? The person that he/she is scolding is now gone, so why am I still angry with what he had scold the person 1minute ago?" Please tell me if you don't get this phrase, then I might post another version of it which is in Chinese.

Assuming that you get the idea, people change just too damn fast, (Actually this is not the conclusion that the speaker said, but for this context, I had to change it. Sorry.) making it hard for a person to not change their way of thinking things. Thus, we might be friends this instance but something might came up and we might be not talking at all. So, are Friends still worth the trouble when we know that we might not be life-long buddies? What do you think? If the answer is No, then I am sorry, you are not normal and I strongly suggest that  you seek professional help, if you want it that is. But if the answer is Yes, then good, you are an average human being with normal human needs in terms of company. Friends, is a must for most of us, as we have a sense of Belonging. We feel belonged when we can attend class together with someone and eat lunch together. It always feels good to be belonged to something.

So, I need to cut this short as it is way past my bedtime and I really need to get some sleep like now! As a conclusion, Friends are always hard to maintain and thus an amount of effort is required, a slight problem which arise in between might hurt the relationship or even destroy the whole friendship. So, whether someone is worth to be called a Friend or not is all depends on you. Are you my Friend?

P.S: I apologize again if anyone couldn't understand what I wrote, because I really need to sleep now. Sorry. I will post another version with more information on this later when I have the mood in doing so. Thank you for reading this junk for so long, I really appreciate it. Thank you.

No comments: